Career & Technical Education (CTE)
The CTE department at LASA has a mission to provide opportunities for students to acquire 21st century academic and technical skills. We focus on skills needed for entry into post secondary education and the global workforce in order for students to become contributing members of the community.
CTE courses receive federal funding.
Many of our CTE courses generate college credit.
Many of our CTE courses offer professional industry certifications.
CTE Courses at LASA:
Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Robotics (4 Levels)
- Biotechnology, AND Research Internship
- Engineering and Design
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Medical Microbiology
- Organic Chemistry
- Wicked Problem Project
- Introduction to Computer Science
- AP Computer Science
- Digital Electronics
- Web and Mobile Applications
- Advanced Computer Science
- Independent Study
Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Electronic Magazine (all freshmen take this)
- Advanced Graphic Design
Digital Filmmaking – LASA Film
- Audio Video Production (4 levels)
- The Art of Cinema
Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Fire Academy - Apply to take part during 11th & 12th grade (combined LASA/LBJ class)