Advanced Placement (AP) Exams
Advanced Placement ExamS
Students can earn college credit and place out of college courses. During the last few years, LASA students have earned an average of about 20 credit hours per student. Students taking AP courses are experiencing challenging, college-level curriculum. The AP exam is the final assessment of how the student has mastered this curriculum. The experience is valuable as it is similar to what students will encounter when taking finals in college.
- LASA AP Exams are taken the first two-full weeks in May as determined by College Board.
To sign up to take any AP Exam(s) at LASA (3 steps):
This year College Board has made some changes to their registration process. There are three separate initial steps you must complete in order to take an AP exam in May.
STEPS 1 and 2 should be done by now
1. Joining your AP classes (this step should have been completed by now):
If you are taking any AP classes this year you MUST join that class via your College Board (CB) account using the class code provided by your teacher. This step should be completed even if you do not plan to take the AP exam.
If you have not been able to gain access to your CB account or have been unsuccessful in creating an account you should call the Student Help Line at 888-225-5427.
2. Registering to take your AP exams (deadline: Friday, September 27, 2019):
- For year-long courses, you will need to return to your CB account and click on "Yes" to taking the exam on or before the above deadline.
- Once you have selected YES, you are agreeing to paying for that exam. Be sure you are going to take that exam before selecting YES.
- If you are taking a semester-long course in the spring, there will be a different deadline for registration. This deadline will be communicated at the beginning of next semester.
As stated above, registration for AP exams has been moved to the fall semester for year-long courses. Payments for these exams must also be made during this time.
3. Payment for AP exams:
Beginning October 3rd, 2019, payments can be made online using the link below. First time users should click the link and choose "Get Started Today" to register for School Cash Online. https://austinisd.schoolcashonline.com/*
- Payments will also be accepted during lunch in the library on Wednesday & Thursday, October 30-31, 2019.
- All payments should be made by Thursday, October 31, 2019.
- Thanks to the support of PFLASA, we are able to lower the cost for students who are taking more than one AP exam. The exam fees are listed here. If you would like to provide an additional donation to further support Advanced Placement Programming and Testing at LASA, there is a donation field in the online exam registration system.
- We hope that all of our students are able to take the AP exams that they are interested in. Please contact Mrs. Czaplinski if financial concerns are preventing your student from participating.
*Please Note that there is a standard convenience fee added to the cost of each exam through the online payment system of schoolcashonline. To see what those prices are, please click here for regular pricing or here for free/reduced pricing.
Late Registration or Cancelled Exams:
- When registering for an exam be sure to keep in mind that this year's late registration has changed to $40 per exam.
- There are NO REFUNDS for cancelled exams.