How to Apply
The deadline for applications for the 2020-2021 school year has now passed. Our Admissions window is closed.
Thank you for considering LASA.
You must reside within the Austin ISD boundaries in order to apply to LASA High School for the 2020-2021 school year.
DEADLINE: Postmark deadline is January 18, 2020
HOW TO APPLY TO LASA
- Do you live in AISD?
- If no, you may not apply to LASA High School for the 2020-2021 school year.
- If yes, go to #2.
- Do you have an AISD parent cloud account? (Be sure you do NOT create a new account if you already have one with AISD.)
- If no, you must create a parent cloud account before you can complete the application information. You will need to submit proof of residence in Austin ISD (utility bill in parent name).
- If yes, go to step #3.
- In the AISD parent cloud, complete the AISD Intent to Apply for a Magnet/Application Program.
- LASA strongly recommends that students ask teachers in person if they will complete a Letter of Recommendation before you complete the AISD Intent to Apply for a Magnet/Application Program.
- Before filling out the AISD Intent to Apply for a Magnet/Application Program, please gather the email addresses for your AISD teachers that will be providing recommendations for you.
- In the parent cloud, search for the "AISD Intent to Apply" tile.***
- Once you complete the AISD Intent to Apply for a Magnet/Application Program, you will receive a confirmation email from the District.
- Students should then complete the LASA Application. All students need to complete the LASA Application. If you would rather submit a hard copy of the application, print out the application below. Please only submit via one method (online or hard copy).**
- Admissions Test (CogAT) and On-site Essay at one of the offered sessions. See Recruitment Calendar for dates/times.
* The AISD Intent to Apply may be experiencing some technical difficulties. Please continue with Step #4, the LASA application, and try the AISD Intent another time.
Students: if you are logged into your student GOOGLE account, you will not be able to see these documents.
Please log out of your student accounts first.
- LASA APPLICATION (online)**
- LASA APPLICATION FOR DOWNLOAD (hard copy to print & mail-in/drop-off)
- Teacher recommendation: MATH/SCIENCE (hard copy)
- Teacher recommendation: ENGLISH/SOCIAL STUDIES (hard copy)
** Online is the preferred method (online and hard copy formats are treated the same; Please do not submit both methods.)