How to Apply
You must reside within the Austin ISD boundaries in order to apply to LASA High School for the 2020-2021 school year.
DEADLINE: Postmark deadline is January 18, 2020
HOW TO APPLY TO LASA
- Do you live in AISD?
- If no, you may not apply to LASA High School for the 2020-2021 school year.
- If yes, go to #2.
- Do you have an AISD parent cloud account? (Be sure you do NOT create a new account if you already have one with AISD.)
- If no, you must create a parent cloud account before you can complete the application information. You will need to submit proof of residence in Austin ISD (utility bill in parent name).
- If yes, go to step #3.
- In the AISD parent cloud, complete the AISD Intent to Apply for a Magnet/Application Program.
- LASA strongly recommends that students ask teachers in person if they will complete a Letter of Recommendation before you complete the AISD Intent to Apply for a Magnet/Application Program.
- Before filling out the AISD Intent to Apply for a Magnet/Application Program, please gather the email addresses for your AISD teachers that will be providing recommendations for you.
- In the parent cloud, search for the "AISD Intent to Apply" tile.***
- Once you complete the AISD Intent to Apply for a Magnet/Application Program, you will receive a confirmation email from the District.
- Students should then complete the LASA Application. All students need to complete the LASA Application. If you would rather submit a hard copy of the application, print out the application below. Please only submit via one method (online or hard copy).**
- Admissions Test (CogAT) and On-site Essay at one of the offered sessions. See Recruitment Calendar for dates/times.
* The AISD Intent to Apply may be experiencing some technical difficulties. Please continue with Step #4, the LASA application, and try the AISD Intent another time.
Students: if you are logged into your student GOOGLE account, you will not be able to see these documents.
Please log out of your student accounts first.
- LASA APPLICATION (online)**
- LASA APPLICATION FOR DOWNLOAD (hard copy to print & mail-in/drop-off)
- Teacher recommendation: MATH/SCIENCE (hard copy)
- Teacher recommendation: ENGLISH/SOCIAL STUDIES (hard copy)
** Online is the preferred method (online and hard copy formats are treated the same; Please do not submit both methods.)