Welcome to LASA
An email from district was sent to parents and students. If you have already received an email with your list of courses and submitted a change, you DO NOT need to submit another change. If you never submitted a change or never received the email ,then please complete the add/drop form if needed. We will not confirm we have received your add/drop request but we will send out a list of classes again early next week.
9th grade schedules were sent Monday, 5/24 before noon. Check your spam folder, etc. Emails were sent to the email that was listed on the student's LASA application. We are aware that some parents have not received an email. Hopefully another email will be sent out with schedules tomorrow, Tuesday, May 25th. Please continue to monitor website for more updates. We will have a procedure for people that did not receive schedules soon.
- Thursday, June 4 OR Wednesday, July 29th, 2020 - LOTE Placement testing for new LASA students enrolling in Level III of Spanish, French, Chinese, or Latin will take place on June 4th and July 29th. New students who chose Level III of Spanish, French, Chinese, or Latin on their choice sheets will receive an email with a link to the exam to the email addresses used when they completed their choice sheets. Students should receive an email for the June 4th test by Friday, May 29th, 2020. For more information, please email Ms. Salinas at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, August 4, 2020 - New Student Orientation for incoming 9th graders with last name A-L
- Wednesday, August 5th, 2020: New Student Orientation for incoming 9th graders with last name M-Z and ALL incoming 10th-11th graders
- Monday, August 17th, 2020, 6p-8p: New Parent Orientation
- Tuesday, August 18th, 2020: First Day of School, 8:15am
Be sure to check out the new parent FAQs on our website.
Scheduling process for new students to LASA
- After the Virtual Choice Sheet meeting, students will be invited to complete a digital version of their Choice Sheet for 20-21.
- A "SAMPLE" of this Choice Sheet was shared with you in the USPS mail/welcome packet. The digital version will look a little different. It is an online form and requires electronic signatures to complete.
- You will receive a link to your official choice sheet after the choice sheet meeting.
- You will complete the choice sheet after the meeting.
- Once you have submitted your choice sheet form, a confirmation email with your selected courses will be sent to the emails you provided on the form.
- LASA will place all requested courses in TEAMS.
- A list of your selected courses will be emailed to the address on file.
- The email you receive will show the courses that "made" and the courses that did not "make" for the 20-21 school year
- If you need to drop a course because it did not make, or you had a change of mind, then you will need to follow the directions in the email to complete an "Add/Drop" form.
- Another email will be sent to you after "Add/Drops" that lists your courses. (This is not your schedule.)
- Students will receive their list of courses again at New Student Orientation in August.
- Austin ISD allows schools to send out the actual schedules the day before school starts in August for all students. School starts for the 2020-2021 school year on August 18th, 2020.
- The master schedule at LASA is rather complicated because it has lots of "singleton" (offered only 1 period) courses so once the first day of school starts, LASA does not change schedules.
Choice Sheet Selection
*Choice Sheet SELECTION
This mandatory meeting/presentation with LASA is where students will select their courses for the upcoming school year.
Students should plan to attend one of the two offered dates with at least one parent/legal guardian. We will be happy to answer all of your questions at this time.
Unfortunately, we are unable to schedule private meetings with admin or counselors for scheduling or curriculum purposes.
PRIOR TO CHOICE SHEET SELECTION: Students should review the LASA Course Guide and come prepared with a few electives that he/she might take for next school year. More information will also be available in your welcome packet.
To help you have access to the course guide at the choice sheet selection presentations, please download our LASA Life App that has the course guide on it.
IMPORTANT: Please know that new students to LASA are not officially placed in our TEAMS system until August by AISD.
**VIRTUAL Elective Fair
Our Elective Fair is offered virtually this year. Please review courses you think you might be interested in prior to the choice sheet event you will be attending.