LASA Acceptance Procedures:
As in years past, LASA will first complete a holistic review of all applications based on our published rubric. Students will be ranked without any identifying information from highest rubric score to lowest with the top possible score being a 25. We will accept 80% of our incoming class based on this holistic score alone. For the remaining 20% we will start with the next student according to the holistic score rankings. We will complete a deeper dive into the student's application and if they meet three out of five of the special circumstances listed below, he/she will receive an acceptance. We will continue doing this until we have accepted the next 20% or until we reach the score below which we do not feel a student will be successful at LASA. In other words:
Our special circumstance categories will be:
Student will be in the first generation of their family to attend college.
Student is zoned to a Middle School where the official population of students who qualify as economically disadvantaged is 70% or greater.
Student belongs to a racial or ethnic group that is underrepresented on campus compared with the City of Austin demographic profile. http://www.austintexas.gov/sites/default/files/files/Planning/Demographics/city_of_austin_profile_2010.pdf
Student has demonstrated academic accomplishment despite unusually difficult circumstances.
Student successfully embraces academic challenges.